Amazon has released the company’s latest voice-controlled speaker with a touchscreen.
Much like its Predecessor, the Echo Show will respond to voice commands, play audio, adding items to a shopping list and controlling smart home appliances in the house. The 7-inch screen is the newest addition to the Wi-Fi enabled home device.
It’s Alexa powered echo range of home hubs that plays media response to voice commands and has a video chat feature.
The 5-megapixel front-facing camera allows users to do a number of tasks like attending video and voice calls with other Echo devices.
Things Amazon Echo Show do:-
• Now you can ask Alexa to play music and it will display music lyrics on the screen.
• You ask Alexa to play a video and the device will start playing YouTube on the display.
• Amazon Echo Show is hands-free and it expects users to rely on voice commands for input. Even
• The screen shows additional visual information like the calendar schedule, weather forecasts and movie trailers.
• The Echo Show will allow video conferencing between users having an Echo device or the Alexa app.
• Most of all this device has a feature called ‘Drop In’ which allows you to connect to another Echo Show without the other person having to accept the call.
• The Echo Show also includes Dolby-powered speakers for music playback for ‘crisp vocals and dynamic bass response’.
How Echo Show differs from other video calling services like Skype?
The Amazon Echo Show is sort of like a video intercom which is available all the time. It doesn’t require any complicated call setup either.
The Amazon Echo Show costs $229.99 and will be shipped from June 28th with pre-orders available now. If you buy more than one, you can use promo code ‘Show2Pack’ to get a $100 discount on the order.
Amazon Echo Show will be available in white or black and will be available only in the US. The device is already available for pre-order.