As Google Meet released, Google integrated the video calling service to its Gmail web.
“Meet” appears in Gmail’s sidebar just above “Chat” with two options “Start a meeting” and “Join a meeting”. Some have been annoyed with Meet appearing in the sidebar as it shrinks the visibility of folders and labels.
Google is now letting the G suite users hide the Meet. Google is rolling out this hide Meet feature only to all G Suite customers. Non-G Suite users have to wait for Google’s official updates to them or use below unofficial way to hide the Meet.
How to Hide Meet from Gmail’s Sidebar for G Suite Users:-
- Open your G Suite Gmail account.
- Tap on the “gear icon” in the top right corner.
- Then select “Settings“.
- Now tap on the “Chat and Meet” tabs after Add-ons.
- Select “Hide the Meet section in the main menu” option in Meet.
- Finally, save the changes.
How to Hide Meet from Gmail’s Sidebar for Non-G Suite Users:-
- Install Adblocker Plus extension on your browser.
- Once installed click the ABP extension icon when you on the Gmail page and select block element at the bottom of the screen.
- Now select the Meet element correctly and then click Add button to block that element.
That’s it the Meet will not disabled in Gmail’s sidebar. Anytime later if you change your mind you can remove the blocked element from Adblocker Plus by below steps.
- Click the ABP extension icon when you on the Gmail page.
- Then click on the “gear icon” in the top right corner.
- Now select the “Advance” tab and scroll up to the ” Create and Edit filter list “.
- Under ” My filter list ” you can find mail.google filter and now turn off to make Meet show again.
Now reload your gmail page Meet will reappear in the Gmail’s sidebar.